On a long rest, player can devote their free time to devoting themselves to their cause.
1 | Player fucking dies for being such a failure to their cause (game breaking debuff)
2-5 | Player has a chance of a debuff of the DM's choosing
6-14 | Nothing happens
15-19 | Player receives a random buff of DM's choosing
20 | Player receives an overpowered buff bound to break the DM's game
Should players falter, it's up to their DM if they are to get a debuff, and/or disadvantage on their next devotion.
Some suggested buffs:
- advantage on rolls (can be a set number)
- advantage on rolls related to their cause/god
- plot armor
- attacks deal increased/double damage
- Devotion related attacks deal increased/double damage
- Enemies of their cause receive debuffs/disadvantage against player